Short vs. Long Hair: What Would Be Best?
photo by patriziasoliani
A woman’s hair is no longer just her “crowning glory”. These days it is her accessory too. Long or short, women from all around the world have found ways to style their manes whether it’s cropped short or grown lengthy. Gone are the days when femininity is measured by the length of the hair. Nowadays, short hair represents more than just femininity too. AND that’s what this article is all about. Whether the long length or short length is better for you or not at all, you have to read this article to help you decide.
Short hair is perfect for…
- Women with heart shaped faces. A heart shaped face is the most versatile facial feature. Women with this facial shape can pull off a short hair without having to worry about it being a bad idea. The reason why it’s perfect is it makes faces have wider forehead and mostly make pointed chins. These altogether makes other facial features accentuated. The cheekbones and chin become particularly sharper and sexier, especially if it’s with a shorter hair.
- Women who were born comfortable with their God-given features. If insecurity has never been in your vocabulary for the past 15 years of your life, you can definitely pull off a shorter do.
- Women with more time on their hands. Believe it or not, shorter hair demands more attention than longer hairstyles. If you want to maintain the sleek, suave, sexy short cut you have for, say, a year or two, you have to make monthly appointments with your hair stylist for regular hair cuts.
Long hair is perfect for…
- Women who are working for the beauty industry. Face it, modelling, beauty pageantry, TV hosting, and the likes mostly require longer manes for women. This is because it needs regular and different hairstyling to show variety and under line the old connotation of feminine beauty that only longer hairs can pull off.
- Women who are deeply in love with their conservative male partners. The male group is majority not fond of shorter hair. Some surveys have proven truth to that. Some men think it is a sex buzz killer.
- Women who are extremely busy. If you’re that type who just grab bagels for breakfast and eat it while you’re on the go, you definitely need to keep that hair long because a messy short hair in the morning is not a healthy option especially when you wear it to work.
It’s not really true that women with longer hair look younger than those with shorter hair or that her shorter hair makes her stand out better than when she had a longer hair. It truly depends on how a woman carries herself in public. That is why it is important that you base the decision of keeping a longer hair or cutting it short only after your unique personality.
This post was contributed by Hair Booth – a salon and an online hair products retailer in Australia. To visit their site go to www.hairbooth.com.au
Thank you to Hair Booth for the advice to all of us, who are mostly time & energy poor!
Short or Long for you?